Digital Marketing Statistics to Know in 2021
Digital marketing is how most people today learn about new products and services, find what they need to know, and build loyalty to a brand.
As the digital marketing landscape continues to change and evolve, so too do the numbers. Digital marketing statistics in 2021 are pretty incredible. There is a considerable volume of growth and development and new emerging digital marketing trends to discover.
In this article, we will look at some of the most important digital marketing statistics to know in 2021:
- In 2021, 53% of marketers spend at least half of their budget on lead generation.
- Global digital ad spend is estimated to reach $389 billion in 2021.
- Worldwide digital ad spending increased by 2.4% in 2020, but in the post-pandemic era, more people buy online, which will increase by an estimated 17% in 2021.
- The average cost per action (CPA) on Google is $49 for paid search and $75 for display ads.
- Video is now becoming a dominant form of online advertising. In 2020, the US media industry spent 9.3 percent more on video ads, while the entertainment sector spent 13.1 percent more.
- Today’s average cost per click (CPC) for Google Ads is $2.69 on the search network. The average price for advertising on the Google display network is $0.63 per ad.
- Whether we like it or not, mobile digital marketing is here to stay. In January 2021, there were 5.22 billion unique mobile phone users worldwide, which means that 66.6 percent of the total global population now uses mobile devices.
- In 2021, smartphones are the most popular mobile device, with 96.6 percent of all internet users owning smartphones. In addition, mobile devices today generate half of all website traffic globally.
- With all this growth in mobile digital marketing, experts predict that mobile ad spend in the US will hit $156.38 billion by 2023.
- In 2021, SEO is still a crucial part of any digital marketing strategy. This is because 93% of all online interactions begin with a search engine.
- 75% of people using a search engine won’t venture past the first page of search results.
- Ranking highly on Google is essential if you want to get attention. For example, the first result in Google’s organic search results sees 31.7% of all clicks.
- Overall, the first five organic results see 68% of all clicks.
- Today, long-tail keywords are becoming more common and popular. In fact, 50% of searches contain at least four words.
- Over 95% of all brands use Google Ads as their preferred PPC network. In addition, the Google Ads platform has been shown to increase brand awareness by up to 80%.
- Facebook advertising is the primary source of the company’s revenue. Advertising spend on Facebook increased by 22 percent by the end of 2021 to over $21 billion a quarter.
- When it comes to location-based digital marketing, Yelp is still the dominant force. The Yelp search results and reviews appear in the top five search results for 92% of Google web queries that include a location.
Reviewing these 2021 digital marketing statistics shows a constant increase in advertising spend and the amount of time spent online.
For businesses that want to engage with new prospects or grow their revenue, digital marketing can be an incredibly effective way to make it happen.
Ready to upscale your digital marketing to attract new customers? Brandastic is an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Orange County. We work with companies in Orange County, Los Angeles, and Austin to enhance their digital marketing, social media ads and SEO. Contact us today about growing your online marketing success.